FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2018 5:30 pm- 9:30pm
Introduction to the Yoga Sutra with Manorama
Duration 4 hours
• Gain direct access to the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali.
• Develop insight into this important and definitive text on Yoga Philosophy.
• Discover the meaning and myth surrounding Patanjali, the author of Yoga Sutra.
• Practice Luminous Soul Meditation to restore the mind to a peaceful state.
• Understand why Patanjali chose the Sanskrit language as the medium for this unique text.
• Chant Select Sutras of the Yoga Sutra text.
• Understand what two important principles Patanjali highlights in his first pada.
• Develop confidence in your yoga teaching.
• Stand in authentic yogic knowledge by studying this important Yogic text.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2018 1:00PM- 5:00PM
Arjuna’s Arrow: The Bhagavad Gita with Manorama
Duration 4 hours
Mantra, Meditation & Discussion
In this Luminous Soul Method workshop, Manorama leads chanting of select Bhagavad Gita verses. She discusses the yogic significance of Arjuna and his mystical bow. And guides students in the practice of Luminous Soul Meditation. There is also a Q & A section for asking spiritual questions re the material covered.
Enjoy Manorama’s playful & dynamic style of sharing an Introduction to the Yoga Sutras. During this workshop of personal and spiritual exploration, Manorama will guide participants on a journey of understanding through yoga Sutras, Luminous Soul Meditation and wisdom discussions.
Join Manorama for this introductory course that promises to be fun, confidence building, deep and lively.
Great for Yoga Teachers and students interested to deepen their knowledge of Yoga.
© 2018 Sanskrit Studies / Luminous Soul & Manorama
Thea D’Alvia, also known as Manorama, is an inspirational speaker on the teachings of Yoga and Wisdom. She speaks around the world offering teachings and insights to bring about greater wholeness and healing to all those in search of it. Thea is a graduate of Columbia University, a scholar of the language of Yoga and Sanskrit, and the founder of The School of Sanskrit Studies. For more information on Thea D’Alvia/Manorama visit www.sanskritstudies.org . You can also read her blog at: www.livinginlight_manorama.blogspot.com
Friday and Saturday: $175
Friday only: $100
Saturday only: $100
Early Bird Discount $155 for both if registered by June 30, 2018
All workshops are NON-REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON! We cannot hold space for anyone. Your payment guarantees your spot.