“Module 1 is an immersion into to Sanskrit and gives students the ability to work confidently with mantras and to live alongside yogic principles.” ~ Manorama
Description: This course is an immersion into the Sanskrit language through the study of the Sanskrit Studies Method. You will learn the mouth positions for each letter of the Sanskrit alphabet, there will be pronunciation of select asana names and mantras, and there will be a Luminous Soul Meditation.
• Proper pronunciation of the entire Sanskrit alphabet, giving you confidence to chant mantras and speak asana names with ease;
• Why Sanskrit mantras are healing for the listener;
• The unique Sanskrit Studies Method of learning Sanskrit;
• To immerse in the Luminous Soul Meditation practice, which teaches you how to soothe the mind and return it to a natural energized peaceful state, no matter the challenge;
• Develop authentic insight into why Sanskrit is called the language of vibration and why that’s important.
Elements of the course include:
• Proper pronunciation of select sounds of the Sanskrit alphabet;
• Understanding breath and its place in your yogic practice as well as in chanting Sanskrit mantras;
• Practicing the Luminous Soul Meditation to help you access peace at any time;
• Becoming skilled in chanting two select mantras that are popular in yoga classes around the world;
• Practice reading the Sanskrit letters in their original form, called devanagari, as well as in the transliteration script.
You’ll leave this Sanskrit Studies Method workshop feeling more confident and knowledgeable in your understanding of Sanskrit and how to incorporate Sanskrit Studies Method into your life.
Great for Yoga Teachers and students interested to deepen their knowledge of Yoga. © 2016 Sanskrit Studies / Luminous Soul & ManoramaThere will be no asana practice in this course.
Saturday, October 21, 2017 1:00PM-5:00PM
Sunday, October 22, 2017 1:00PM-5:00PM
$175 2 days $100 1 day This course builds from one day to the next. Participation in both days are recommended. Your payment reserves your spot. Limited seating available.
To register go to: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/asp/adm/main_enroll.asp?fl=true&tabID=8 or call Michelle at 361-779-0183
All workshops are non-refundable. Your payment reserves your space.