When: Saturday, February 11th 4:00pm-8:00pm and
Sunday, February 12th 12:00pm-4:00pm
Where: Yoga Studio of Corpus Christi 513 Clifford Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78404
Course Fees: $200 + $26 materials fee
Early registration incentive: $175 + $26 materials fee if registered by February 1st, 2012
Enjoy Manorama’s playful & dynamic style of sharing mantras and stories about the Gods and Goddesses, as an entry point to greater understanding of the myths and metaphors of these ancient forms.
During this workshop Manorama will contexturalize the Hindu Gods and Goddesses and explain how they are relevant for the modern yogi. She share stories of the Gods and will bring forward teachings about their symbolic objects.
For ex. Lord Ganesha has a bell, an elephants head and he rides on the back of a mouse as his vehicle.
What does this all mean? Manorama elucidates not only meaning for the student but also how to understand these forms of the Gods as really representational aspects of our own nature.
Join Manorama and students for this unique course designed to awaken the energy of the Gods and Goddesses. Tap into the deeper Yogic meaning of the Gods, through the chanting of mantras and awareness of sound. This course offers a new lens through which to view the vast and enlightening subject –Gods & Goddesses.
Intentions for this workshop:
* Gain direct access to the Hindu Gods through their mythology and through mantras that invoke their cosmic power.
* Develop insight into the unique relationship that exists between breath and sound, and between energy and consciousness.
* Discover how to understand the mystery of the Hindu Gods and Goddesses from a Yogic perspective.
* Practice Meditation & Sound Yoga to restore the mind to a natural state of tranquility and joy.
* Feel how these mantras are healing both within and around you.
* Learn to properly pronounce the select verses to the Gods and bring these verses into your yoga class.
* Experience the harmonious circularity of sound.
* Connect with unique aspects of the Gods and Goddesses.
This workshop is great for:
* Yoga Practitioners
* Yoga Teachers
* Students interested in Yoga Philosophy
a curious mind
comfortable fitting clothes